Saturday, August 7, 2010

Animal Reviewers #1 "Love in the Afternoon by Lisa Klepas.



Leah Bunny speaking here. Today me and my fellow quadruped's are here to review "Lisa Kleypas" "Love in the Afternoon". I was introduced to this book when i was sick and was laying on mommy's bed. Mom was reading her own Lisa book and she thought i'd like one of my own to read.
                                           



Mommy laid this book in front of me because she thought i would like it since there were a lot of animals in it.



So i decided to give it a try. I have to admit i was throughly engrossed with it. Very good. 


I just had a few issues. Why no strapping man bunny with bulging bunnyceps and strong tall ears? A hedgehog? Really?  A tall dark and handsome bun would have been much better pet for Beatrice.  Just think of all the fun she could have had. Plus people love bunnies and would not have though she was strange. There is a mention of a bunny though so i give Lisa props for that.

Now some members of the canine portion of the family weights in.



Coda: Even manly dogs like me can appreciate this book. For instance take in the imagery of war. Nothing is manlier than war. Then you add in a war hero dog and you have a manly story indeed.



Izzy: *fan girl talk* Albert was so cute!! in this story. I want a picture of Albert to put upon my bed and under my pillow.


Daisy: I'm only just turned 11 months. I can't read. Mommy just shoved the book to were i was sunning myself. 
 



 

2 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...[Reply to comment]

This is so cute!! Love the fan girl talk :) =

Sissa said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks Carrie. ^^ They know they're cute which is the problem. ^^